Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Proposal for 3 Days Assignment

This is the first entry for my blog, Tokyo Stories.

For 3 days observational exercise, there are actually 3 steps for each days. Basic topic for my assignment is sub-culture of Japan, which is street dancers. Exercise is based on where those dancers take the place for practicing, what kind of people usually goes to those specific places for dancing and reason their doing dance. Basically it is research to get to know more about street dancers.

First day, the exercise is focusing on finding information. Since it is not that easy to find those dancer's place, first I have to find the place they practice or perfome and find the group I can contact to.

Second day, I go to the place I found and joined the group, and mainly focus on observation or I can talk either.

Third day, I try to join them for practicing and film or record the material. This day can be focus on more conversation with groups.

No comments: