Sunday, May 25, 2008

3rd Day Observation

Today I went to the place those members of CUBE usually gather for practicing. They told me that they only go to studio 1 to 2 times in a month. Since I did not know where is the place, I was asked to be at Shinjuku Station at 6:45 PM. Members usually starts at 7 pm after building is closed so they can gather there at night.

Takashi told me that there was another place they used to practice before which is in Nakano, but since these days some parts of area became kind a strict by police so he decided to move this Sompo Japan Building at Shinjuku. This is also well known place to other dancers.

When I actually got there at 7 pm, it looked really great that not only team of CUBE but many other dance groups were practicing there. It was really interesting because we can never see those bunch of dancers on the street but when you walk couple blocks and reach to this building there were bunch of them.

Today, as I made the promise with Ryo to perform breakdance yesterday, I joined the group and practiced together. Performance time was going to be start at 9:30 pm. Today since there were only few house dancers, we decided to get break dance and house dance together.

After all other performace finished, 10 o'clock some people went home and some stayed for dinner. We went to izakaya called WaraWara, and had a dinner and drinks. Today there were other new member who is same age as me. One guy was called Hironori and another guy was called Ryo. Not the new one but old member of Ryo told me including himself and this new member called Ryo, there are 4 people who called Ryo in CUBE. It was really funny. As we having dinner we became really nice friends. Again it was all different kind of people all different age were exist in a group. Unfortunately, I did not have much chance to talk other women dancers but they were good too.

For the final project, it was great chance to get to know them. I will not finish here for joining this team called CUBE. I will continue to keep in touch with them and go to practice so I can get more information. I might take this story of street dancer's daily life or thoughts for the final project too.

I asked the guy to take the video while I am performing with other members. Quality is little massed up because today I forgot to bring digital camera so it is taken by mobile phone camera. Very first part I also break dance together with members. I am doing solo part too (white shirt with black pants)

No comments: