Friday, May 23, 2008

1st Day Observation

I also have experiecnes for dancing but it was always with my friends but not usually on the street. Therefore, since I had no idea to find out where usually street dances gather for the practicing, I decided to use some Japanese community websites to find out where they do the practicing. I used the most famous community website called MIXI, which is very likely to facebook, and since I could search the group for genre by genre, I searched dance community on the site and found out community called Street Dance Community for Anyone Who Want to Join. In that community I found one of dance team called CUBE's advertising post for collecting members.

I decided to contact with them because this team is not only for one specific genre of dance but had lots different genre such as house, lock, break dance, and etc people can practice on. So it means I can meet lots of different people.

I called the number that was posted on the page and I talked to leader of team who names Takashi. I asked him where his team usually goes to practice and also asked him about if I can join or not. He said it is no problem for me to join the group. As I was talking to him, he was really nice guy who is really friendly. He told me, him and other people usually go practice on Wednesday and Sunday at Sompo Japan Building that is usually called Yasuda Building at Shinjuku. For this weekend, because it is raining he told me they are going to go to dance studio on Saturday and for Sunday he said people will have practice at that building even those it is raining, he told me it will be fine because there is a roof.

No comments: