Saturday, May 24, 2008

2nd Day Observation

Today member of CUBE were going to meet at Kouenji Station at 2:15 afternoon. Because of the weather, we were going to practice at dance studio called Cross Mode. Leader Takashi told me that this is also the place they sometimes come for practicing. Because it is not practicing on the street, studio had a fee to pay. Each of member payed about 500 Yen and Takashi collected them. Really kind thing was because it was first day for me to join the group I did not have to pay for this time. Practice was going until 5 o'clock.

From 4:30 each group of each genre had performacing time. Takashi told me it is normal thing they to at the end of the practice. People show to other members what they have done during the practice.

As I talked to Takashi after all practice is finish he told me that not only young people but many different ages are coming to practice. He is also not just dancer and he told me that he is working at bank company. Also there was one guy called Tomo who is locking dancer and now 41 years old but he looked almost 30. Tomo told me way to keep young looking is dancing. He was kind of funny guy. Also I talked to a guy called Ryo who is break dancer. He was 23 years old and was a student. He was doing house dance because there were no breakdancers in the group and I promised him to join the breakdance practice next time. Also there was a women called Satchan (Maybe it is nickname) who is 25 years old. She actually brought her 4 years old daughter to the practice. She was really cute.

As I see there were many kinds of different people were practicing. Next time I will try to join them the practice.

Takashi's group performances for house dance

No comments: